Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 365.The end of my year 1 project


AmyLou with her Canon S3 and Canon 400D DSLR.
These are the two cameras that have seen me through this year long journey....and i thank them for being there by my side helping my through my growing pains.

Today is Day 365 of my Photo Project 365. It has been a wonderful and fabulous journey. On May 23rd, 2007 I made a commitment to myself to take a photo a day and post it on my blog and on my flickr account. Through this project I achieved what I wanted and more. I see the world around me with “new eyes”. I am seeing things that I have never seen before or appreciated. I have learned to appreciate all the little details of life around me and I have improved my photographic skills. I am a photographer.

The most important aspect of this project was the things that I got out of it that I did not expect….After 8 months of using my advanced point and shoot (Canon S3), I felt confident and ready to purchase the Canon 400D. Once I bought the DSLR I never turned back…and never put the camera on “P” mode again. I have also met some fantastic people on flickr who share my passion and love for photography. And I have learned so much from these friends. I can’t express how much my flickr friends mean to me. I am also so grateful that I have met and found such a great friend in Mary, Msummerchick, through this project. She has been so supportive and is always willing to share her passion and knowledge of photography with me. It is wonderful to have met a local flickrite that I have so much in common with besides photography. Mary my soul sista…you are the best. And lastly, I have also opened myself up to share my passion with others and have reached out to encourage others to pursue their passion. Joanne, I am so glad that I have been able to encourage you to start your own 365 project. I can’t wait to see your progress within this next year…although I think that you are already a fantastic photographer and I look forward to all the many photo shoots that we will have in the future.

I now want to thank everyone who has been logging on everyday, every week, to view my photos. You all know who you are. Your kind words and just the knowledge that you were out their watching me…helped me to continue this project even when I didn’t feel like it. Love you all.

~~AmyLou