Thursday, August 28, 2008

Year 2_Day 098


Ok...here is the story behind this photo. I have this weed growing in one of my flower pots on my back deck. It is literally growing like a weed...it is now about 10 ft tall, the stalk is thick and the leaves are large and jagged.
Every day I Looked at it, it seemed to get taller and taller and then it started to grow these buds. So I everyday, l looked to see if these buds were going to turn into flowers...
This morning as I was getting my coffee, I saw this bird on one of the top branches of this 10ft tall weed. And he was pulling theses furry seedlings out of the buds, flying away and coming back for more, probably using for a nest of some sort.
mmmmm, I am still really confused as to what this "weed/plant" is and what these seedlings/buds are. My dad called me and he has the same strange looking weed in his yard too. My dad is very knowledgeable when it comes to wildflowers and weeds...and he has no idea what this things is..And on top of that, Mom and Dad, who also are very knowledgeable about birds, have no idea what this bird is.

No comments: